International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2023
- 1 Course Information
- The International Summer Course for Composers SYNTHETIS 2023 will be held from July 17 through July 29, 2023.
- The International Summer Course for Composers SYNTHETIS 2023 is a fee-based programme where admitted participants attend workshops, lectures and individual lessons conducted in English, as well as concerts, presentations and other events included in the schedule.
- The event is organized by the Music Gardens Foundation and is directed by Zygmunt Krauze.
- Each participant is guaranteed at least three hours a day of collective activities and the possibility of having individual 1 hour lesson with each lecturer during the course.
- The invited artists-in-residence, Spółdzielnia Muzyczna, will be present during the entire length of the 2023 course. The participants will have an opportunity to attend individual workshop sessions with the artists, during which newly-written pieces might be discussed. The artists will perform selected compositions (or part thereof ) written by participants at the course’s final concert.
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event programme.
- 2 Selection of Participants
- Candidates interested in participating are required to submit a completed application form available at the official website: synthetis.pl and an artistic CV (which includes a list of the candidate’s major compositions). One or two scores representative of the applicant’s compositions may be attached in an electronic version.
- Applications must be made online. Forms sent in hard copy will not be considered.
- The deadline for sending applications is May 10, 2023. Admitted participants will be informed no later than May 15, 2023.
- The application might be evaluated before the deadline only in special circumastances (on request).
- The maximum number of participants in the course is 30.
- Personal information submitted by applicants in the registration process will remain private. The organizer declares that no personal information concerning an applicant will be shared with any third party.
- 3 Fee
- Participation in the course is fee-based (950 EUR), however the fees of Polish participants are co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.
- a) fee for foreign participants – 950 EUR:
- 600 EUR – course fee, to be paidby bank transfer before the course
- 350 EUR – cost of accommodation and board, to be paid in cash (Polish currency only, ie. 1 731 PLN) or credit card upon arrival in Radziejowice Palace
- b) fee for Polish participants (Polish citizens that lives in Poland)–2 450 PLN:
- 719 PLN – course fee, to be paid by bank transfer before the course
- 1 731 PLN – cost of accommodation and board, to be paid in cash/credit card upon arrival in Radziejowice Palace
Note: Radziejowice Palace is the only accommodation option.
- The course fee includes entry to lectures, workshops, concerts and other events organized during the course, accommodation in rooms for 2 or 3 persons and three meals a day.
- If a participant fails to send pay the course fee by bank transfer within the designated time, the organizer reserves the right to offer the participant’s place to another applicant.
- In case of cancellation, the organizer will return 50% of the course fee.
Piotr Łabanow, email@example.com
695 688 007
Facebook: Composition Course Synthetis
The International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2023, is organized by the Music Gardens Foundation based in Warsaw: 4/77 Wilsona Sq., 01-626 Warsaw, and registered in Poland (company registration number: 0000099471, Tax ID: 525-22-31-434).