International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2022
- 1 Course Information
- The International Summer Course for Composers SYNTHETIS 2022 will be held from July 18 through July 30, 2022.
- The International Summer Course for Composers SYNTHETIS 2022 is a fee-based programme where admitted participants attend workshops, lectures and individual lessons conducted in English, as well as concerts, presentations and other events included in the schedule.
- The event is organized by the Music Gardens Foundation and is directed by Zygmunt Krauze.
- Each participant is guaranteed at least three hours a day of collective activities and the possibility of having individual 45 minutes lesson with each Master lecturer during the courses.
- Apart from the lecturers-composers, the organizers invite artists-in-residence who will be present during entire length of the course. The participants will have an opportunity to attend individual lessons with the artists, during which newly-written pieces might be discussed. The artists will perform selected compositions (or part of it) written by participants at the course’s final concert.
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event programme.
- 2 Selection of Participants
- In order to qualify for the course, all applicants should hold at least a Bachelor of Music degree (or its equivalent) in composition or be awarded in any international composition competition.
- Candidates interested in participating are required to submit a completed application form available at the official website: www.synthetis.pland a Curriculum Vitae (which includes a list of the candidate’s major compositions). A score representative of the applicant’s compositions may be attached in an electronic version (this is optional).
- Application forms sent in hard copy will not be considered.
- The deadline for sending applications is June 10, 2022. Admitted participants will be informed no later than June 20, 2022.
- The application might be evaluated before the deadline only in special circumastances (on request).
- The maximum number of participants in the course is 30.
- Personal information submitted by applicants in the registration process will remain private. The organizer declares that no personal information concerning an applicant will be disclosed to any third party.
- 3 Fee
- Participation in the course is fee-based (950 EUR), however the fees of Polish participants are co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.
a) fee for foreign participants – 950 EUR:
- 600 EUR – to be paid by bank transfer before the course
- 350 EUR – cost of accommodation and board to be paid by cash (Polish currency only, ie. 1 540PLN) or credit card upon arrival in Radziejowice Palace
b) fee for Polish participants –2 100 PLN:
- 560 PLN – to be paid by bank transfer before the course
- 1 540 PLN – cost of accommodation and board to be paid by cash/credit card upon arrival in Radziejowice Palace
Note: Radziejowice Palace is the only accommodation option. Course participants receive a special price offer.
- The fee includes entry to lectures, workshops, concerts and other events organized during the course, accommodation in rooms for 2 or 3 persons and three meals a day.
- If a participant fails to send payment by bank transfer in designated time, the organizer reserves the right to select another applicant to fill her/his place.
- In case of cancellation, the organizer will return 50% of the course fee.
Piotr Łabanow, email@example.com
695 688 007
Facebook: Composition Course Synthetis
The International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2021, is organized by the Music Gardens Foundation based in Warsaw: 4/77 Wilsona Sq., 01-626 Warsaw, and registered in Poland (company registration number: 0000099471, Tax ID: 525-22-31-434).