Terms and Conditions
International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2017
§1 Course Information
1. The event is organized by the Music Gardens Foundation and directed by Zygmunt Krauze.
2. The International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2017, is a fee-based programme where admitted participants attend workshops, lectures and individual lessons conducted in English, as well as concerts, presentations and other events included in the schedule.
3. The maximum number of participants in the course is 24.
§2 Selection of Participants
1. In order to qualify for the course, all applicants should hold at least a Bachelor of Music degree (or its equivalent) in composition or be awarded in any international composition competition and be under thirty-five years of age.
2. Candidates interested in participating are required to submit a completed application form available at the official website: www.synthetis.pl and a Curriculum Vitae (which includes a list of the candidate’s major compositions). A score representative of the applicant’s compositions may be attached in an electronic version (this is optional).
3. Application forms sent in hard copy will not be considered.
4. The applicants will be admitted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
5. Personal information submitted by applicants in the registration process will remain private. The organizer declares that no personal information concerning an applicant will be disclosed to any third party.
§3 General terms
1. The International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2017, takes place from July 17, 2017 through July 29, 2017.
2. Each participant is guaranteed at least three hours a day of collective activities and the possibility of having individual meetings with all lecturers.
3. Participation in the course is fee-based (950 EUR), however the fees of Polish participants are co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.
a) fee for foreign participants – 950 EUR:
- 600 EUR – to be paid by bank transfer before the course
- 350 EUR – cost of accommodation and board to be paid by cash (Polish currency only, ie. 1 470 PLN) or credit card upon arrival in Radziejowice Palace
b) fee for Polish participants – 1 950 PLN:
- 480 PLN – to be paid by bank transfer before the course
- 1 470 PLN – cost of accommodation and board to be paid by cash/credit card upon arrival in Radziejowice Palace
Note: Radziejowice Palace is the only accommodation option. Course participants receive a special price offer.
4. The fee includes entry to lectures, workshops, concerts and other events organized during the course, accommodation in rooms for 2 or 3 persons and three meals a day.
5. Apart from the lecturers-composers, the organizers invite artists-in-residence who will be present during entire length of the course. The participants will have an opportunity to attend individual lessons with the artists, during which newly-written pieces might be discussed. The artists will perform selected compositions written by participants at the course’s final concert.
6. If a participant fails to send payment by bank transfer in designated time, the organizer reserves the right to select another applicant to fill her/his place.
7. In case of cancellation, the organizer will return 50% of the course fee.
8. The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event programme.
The International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2017, is organized by the Music Gardens Foundation based in Warsaw: 4/77 Wilsona Sq., 01-626 Warsaw, and registered in Poland (company registration number: 0000099471, Tax ID: 525-22-31-434).